Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Damn it!!



I've been working for an advertising agency for the past 4 years, and let me tell ya, I'm pretty sick of advertising (the majority of it anyway). How I got to be "art director" I'll never know. Subsequently a few months ago I developed these rat stickers which I was planning to use in what I call my "brand loyalty social project", basically I'd bomb the whole city with these stickers, taking special care to sticker over any advertising work I'm personally responsible fore and unhappy with (pretty much 90% of it).

Now here's where it all goes wrong, I was watching a show about Shepard Fairey today, yes the Shepard Fairey, who every one in the design/art community has known about for the past 10 years, including myself. And it hits me, thats exactly what he did, he came up with the OBEY giant and started gorilla branding, He even stickered over some of his own advertising work!! How the hell did I forget about Shepard!?

Oh well my, other plan is to use this t-shirt graphic as a stencil or sticker, but rest assured I'll figure out a way to set those rats loose on the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home